A mass gathering of people introduce certain security risks at stadiums and venues. The risks need to be evaluated and mitigated. Mass gatherings draw the increased likelihood to provide platforms for criminals and terrorists to carry out attacks. Valentis offers a full-scale operation that is designed to detect, deter, defend against, and respond to this type of disruption, chaos, and potential injury or loss of life. The venues and stadiums that host sporting events, concerts, and other mass gatherings are often identified as Soft Targets and Crowded Places (ST-CP) by the US Department of Homeland Security. This ST-CP ideology requires the need for operators/owners and organizers to take the necessary steps to safeguard their event against potential security gaps and shortfalls that may lead to increased criminal and potential terrorist attacks.
Our fundamental competency is that we mitigate the risk for our client, public sector partners, and our organization through a defined concept of operations.
- Uniformed and Plainclothes Armed and Unarmed Personnel
- Technical operations including Canine Explosive Detection and Counter Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) measures
- Handheld metal detectors or walk-through metal detectors
- Event Safety Coordinator. A dedicated individual who serves as the Incident Commander (consistent with the Incident Command System) on behalf of the Venue Operator to have command, control, and coordination until such time that there is an emergent incident that requires transfer of authority to another agency, e.g. LE incident
- Technology based real time incident report tracking through our incident database management program
- Detailed venue security planning that includes threat and risk assessments, analysis, counterattack, and counterterrorism strategies as well as written security/emergency action plans
- Complete integration of the Incident Command System (ICS) and National Incident Management System (NIMS) that emphasizes developing a successful private-public sector stakeholder partnership
- Development and facilitation of exercises and drills for venues and stadiums that are designed to bring awareness and prepare stakeholders for emergent incidents
- Training venue staff on event security protocol
- After Action Report (AAR) that identifies lessons learned and best practices
We offer our clients a solution designed to address event scenarios of concern. Some of the special events we have worked in the past include Tall Ships Erie, Highmark Stadium, Hookstown Fair, Toby Keith concert (Pittsburgh), and the Albion Fair, to name a few.